Friday, November 6, 2015

23,203

23,203.  That's how many words my students wrote this week.  Can I get a yeehaw? One was sick today, so his words aren't counted in this total. Mrs. B has been writing too, but I don't know how many words she has.  I have 4,172, so I'm a little behind on my story.  Last night I was so pooped after a crazy day of school and Ivy's art thing, I had no creative energy.  I did work on the exercise book a bit though.  It's a lot easier to write when the thoughts have already been thought for you.


I gave out BINGO prizes today since it's the end of the quarter.  One 6th grade girl got a blackout.  A few others got bingos.  The rest of the class has been steadily reading, but they didn't read the right genre of books to get a bingo.  And most of them forgot to write the titles in their Reading Notebooks.  So.  No prizes for them.  NaNo prizes on the other hand went like hotcakes!  Each 500 words is a chance for a prize: the 500s are a piece of candy and the 1000s are a bigger prize from the prize box.  I was surprised that so many of them chose to combine two of their candy prizes to get a big prize from the lab table.  I'm going to need more things next week though; 15 kids picking multiple things has cleaned me out pretty good!  The most popular items are caramel apple suckers and Slinkys.  And things from El Salvador. 


Now I'm off to Fulda for the weekend! No school on Monday for the end of the quarter.  I need to get my grades done, my NaNo progressing, and a lot of the exercise book written.  Monday Dad and I are preg checking cows.  Is it weird I'm a little excited for that???

No comments:

Post a Comment