Thursday, November 19, 2015

Drip, Drip, Drip

One of the 6th graders thought it would be funny if he pretended to be sleeping during class.  I knew he was faking it, but he wouldn't quit.  So I borrowed a trick from my old high school math teacher.  He kept a water bottle with holes in the lid on a shelf, and any time a student fell asleep, he'd hold the water bottle over that student's head and tilt it and tilt it and tilt it until water dripped on the sleeping person.


So I give him a warning about his possible bath... eyes stay closed.  I casually swing by my desk, pick up my water bottle, talking the whole time, saunter his way... the class is watching, watching, watching.  Just as I'm about to drip water on him, his eyes fly open and he scoots out of the way, "Whoa! She actually's doing it!"  Ha.  He didn't believe me.  Next time I think I'll use the spray bottle.


I've been kind of forgetful today.  It was a 6th grader's birthday, and she brought cupcakes for the whole class (I was able to eat mine! Yay! I've been feeling a lot better today...).  Still, we forgot to sing to her for her birthday! Oh well, we'd do it at the end of the day before getting on the bus.  Yep, I forgot again.  And I remembered as we made our way to the buses.  Sigh.  She was cool about it though; the kindergartners had sung when she dropped of Mrs. E's cupcake, so she did get the birthday song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment