Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Blech

Miss H is playing hooky from the PTL meeting tonight.  Actually, I have permission from the Erdmans.  I haven't been feeling the greatest today, a bit achy and chilled and slightly feverish, so I'm going to go home and attempt to sleep it off.  Of course I start to feel sick the day before Parent Teacher Conferences!  Thankfully I don't have a whole lot to do in my classroom tonight, so I should get out of here pretty soon.


The school day was all right.  Very productive morning.  I had a bag of new books I'd gotten from the library book sale on my desk to be catalogued and one of my biggest readers caught sight of them.  She pulled out a book and flipped through it.  "Miss H, can I read this now?"  Sure, as long as you put it back.  Apparently once I gave permission for that one book, she took it to mean free reign on the rest of the books in the bag.  I saw her put the first back, pull out another one, put that one back, pull out another one.  She's going to read them all before I even get them catalogued!  They're mostly picture books, a lot of traditional literature, so not very long at all.


My NaNo story is lagging behind.  I'm at 7,000 when I should be around 10,000-11,000.  Still, my word count is nothing to sneeze at.  I had a good discussion with some of my kids about my story; they were very encouraging.  I might need to pick their brains to get more ideas for my story.  One kid hasn't started his yet.  Or, he says he has, but it's at home somewhere where he can't find it.  I made him write at school and he stared at his paper for most of the time.  So.  I'm a little worried about that.  Might be a good idea to mention something at conferences tomorrow.


Anyway, I think it's about time for me to go home.  Hopefully I'm feeling back to normal tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment