Friday, November 20, 2015

No Zombie

I feel WAY more like myself today.  Compared to the rest of the week... I had been a zombie.  Today I had snack at school and actually ate all my hot lunch.  I think I'm finally mending up. 


For art today I taught my class weaving.  When they heard that's what we were doing they all groaned. "Oh man! I hate weaving! It's so hard! I can't do it! I'm so bad at it!"  I asked when they had done it last... pretty much everyone said 1st or 2nd grade.  Ha.  That's why!  I guaranteed them that it would be easier this time around.  And guess what? It was!  Everyone got the hang of it super fast.  The trickiest part was getting the weaving boards all set up.  Some of them liked it so much they worked on it during recess.  Others asked if they could bring it home with them!  Sweet!  Even my non-art-lovers seemed to have a good time.  This is good because next week we're taking weaving to the next level and making a paper plate weaving so it looks like a tree.  It's a pretty sweet project.


There's supposed to be snow coming tonight.  From the dim light outside my classroom it looks a bit hazy, like maybe some little flakes are coming down, but not a ton yet.  Meh.  I'm not ready for snow.  At least I don't have many places to go this weekend.  I need to get the exercise book finished tomorrow or Sunday, so lots of writing is planned.  And my kids sing/play bells Sunday.  Pretty much gonna hunker down and get some rest.  Only two days of school next week and then Thanksgiving break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment