Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Typical

Nothing too extraordinary to report today.  Just a few random thoughts about the day...


More NaNo progress.  I'm at 2017 words now, and my kids are still excited about writing.  I think on Friday we'll have to have a goal assessment to see if any kids need to make their word count goals higher.  We've been doing way more writing this year than last year, and I can definitely tell the practice has helped my students write more and write faster.  I've seen a lot of them using periods in the right places! Yay! Still need to work on dialogue though.  We'll work on that. 


We examined our sprouts in science.  Most of them forgot where they'd put their lab sheet from last week.  Then commenced a giant man-hunt for the lost papers.  All but two found where they put them. 


School pictures came in today.  My hair looks dumb in mine.  But it's kind of silly to have teacher retakes for pictures, so I guess I'll just deal with it.  All my kids' turned out cute!  A few didn't show their teeth in their smiles... they look better with toothy smiles. 


After school, Miss N and I met to assign students Christmas program speaking parts.  I think we have it mostly figured out.  The bell songs for November sound really good, probably the best prepared we've ever been for songs.  I'm thinking we might need to add some more songs to our repertoire because there's not much to work on during practice.  Perhaps Christmas songs should be pulled out...


I'm not liking how early it gets dark out.  It's so bright driving to school in the morning and by the time I pack up to go home, it's totally dark!  I wish it'd be the other way around.  This too shall pass, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment