Friday, November 13, 2015

BINGO

Today's afternoon was a bit out of the ordinary.  For lunch we had Mexican Haystacks (chips with nacho cheese and hamburger) which always takes a long time to serve.  And the kids fuss about recess.  So Mr. E and I worked out a deal... we'd stay out for recess until 12:30, he'd keep my kids at math until 1:45 when the Lion's Club ladies came to talk about the Peace Posters.  I am still not feeling the greatest, so I gave the 7th graders a work day for their 3D earth projects.  When the Lion's club came, they all went down to Mr. E's room (he forgot they had to talk about how the Halloween party went too) and I had 15 minutes of quiet to correct papers, etc. 


All the winners of the Peace Poster contest were in my class!  And they all spent so much time on their posters, I'm glad they won.  Everyone who participated got a certificate, and two of the winners' names were spelled wrong! Josie was Jose and Beka was Becka.  The ladies are seeing if they can print new ones.  After the award ceremony, we all went to the gym for all-school BINGO.  It was super fun! We had younger kids paired up with older kids and we got two or three rounds in before the end of the day.  And cookies and juice afterwards. 


All in all, a good end to the week.  Now I'm off for Fairmont to watch my cousins' play!  The rest of the weekend I'm planning to hunker down and see if I can get over feeling crummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment