Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Toilet Paper Planets

We did a science lab today about planetary distances that was kinda, meh.  It's one straight out of the science book.  Each kid got to be a planet, and we used toilet paper to represent the distance (counting squares to find the right locations).  Mr. E had PE in the gym, so we started on the other end of the hall and worked our way toward the gym.  Pluto was only a couple steps inside the gym.  It was an okay lab; not much for the kids to do.  We spent more time going over how to do it than actually making our model.  And once they were in position, there wasn't much for them to do.  They just stared at each other and chatted.  So.  That was that.


I brought a sack lunch to school today.  The doctor thinks part of my stomach lining is irritated, so I need to keep my diet bland for a while and take something to cut down on the acid in my stomach so the lining can heal.  It's going to take a few days for everything to start getting back to normal.  But even today by the time lunch/afternoon rolled around I was feeling a lot better.  I still didn't eat a ton, but it was more than just crackers!  Mrs. B brought me a smoothie with yogurt in it for snack.  She is such a God-send!


At the beginning of the day, my kids all wanted to know what I found out at my appointment... so I told them about my stomach being irritated, possibly from taking advil or just general stress.  One kid, "So you're saying it's because of us?"  No, I'm not pointing any fingers.  He gave me a slightly teasing, mischievous smile, "No, you're really saying we're the cause of your stress." 


Another random funny thing happened in religion.  One kid who only sometimes wears his glasses pulled them out and perched them on his nose (like a librarian).  Out of the blue (in the middle of class), he said something in a fancy accent, along the lines of, "I'm ready to check out a book!"


Well, that's all I got for today.  My presentation yesterday went really well, although it zapped all my energy.  I did notice a few guys in the back closing their eyes for a while, but I'll just chalk that up to the late hour... Now I'm headed for home to work on recuperating (and writing too).

No comments:

Post a Comment