Monday, December 7, 2015

Do you have everything you need?

Oh I've got the 7th graders paranoid! 


It was so ridiculous; they'd all come to class and pretty soon one would say, "Oh wait, I forgot [insert anything you can imagine here]. Can I go back and get it?"  Every single one of them.  They'd enter the classroom, realize they forgot something, go back and get it, and sometimes even think of something else they forgot to grab!  The worst part is, every morning I write a list of what they need for my class on the board, including assignments due!  Their excuse was "we don't look at the board."  Well start!!!


I got sick of it last week and made a new rule; once you are in the classroom, you are in, no going back for stuff.  I even made a sign and taped it to the door.  Today was the first day following the rule.  I saw them in the hallway mentally checking off all the stuff they had in their hands. One boy paused on the threshold of my classroom and even stepped aside so I could go through first because he was so worried he'd forgotten something for today.  I hope their thoughtfulness keeps up!


Other things of note for today... the hymnal angel project is going super fast.  Almost everyone is finished folding the pages.  Tomorrow people will be ready to glue on a head/ribbon.  I found a bunch of red ornament ball thingys in the office no one claimed, and I think they'll work as heads for the angels.  We have coffee filters to use as a lace mantel for the angel.  Mrs. B said she has some angel hair at home that could work... otherwise we could just go hairless or use yarn.  We'll see what the kids want to do tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment