Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas

The morning started off with a parent delivering a cup of hot water and her daughter handed me three tea bags so I could have my pick.  All three were kinds I liked, so it was a tough choice!  But now I can enjoy them over break too.  Later the girl told me she wanted to make the tea herself for me, but her mom said, "You don't know which kind Miss H likes, so you better let her pick."  How sweet! 


Kids were bringing in presents and showing me the packages they brought for me.  One kid handed me his box and said I should guess what was inside.  The gift tag said something along the lines of "you're a teacher who teaches every day, so we know you'll have the guts to play!"  When I shook the box, it sounded like a bunch of little pieces click-clacking against each other.  This weekend, my friend Laura had told me about this new "game" you play with jellybeans.  It's called "Bean Boozled" and it's basically a safer version of Russian roulette.  The jelly beans have a good flavored one and a nasty flavored one that look the same, so you never know what you're going to taste!  Stinky socks or tutti-fruitti? Lawn clippings or lime? Baby wipes or coconut? Moldy cheese or caramel corn?  Yikes! 


Other presents I got were gift cards, a willow creek carving (angel holding a book), candle holder, summer sausage, and three scarves.  My scarf total is now up to 34.  They all made predictions on how many scarves I'll have after we come back from Christmas break.  And now they want me to wear all my scarves at once.  I don't think they'd all fit around my neck at the same time!  Maybe I'll try it and take a picture.


My teacher Secret Santa was Miss N.  She gave me a Janette Oke book, one of her favorite authors.  I thought it had been her handwriting!  Mr. E really liked the 5-in-1 screwdriver I gave him.  He said he had a feeling it was either me or Miss H (preschool) who had him since we'd be the only ones jokester enough to give him the spaghetti-os.  He had asked his wife if she told either of us that he eats them all the time, but she said she never spilled the beans to either of us!  So he was very confused (plus the handwriting was disguised).  Yes! Success in surprising!


And now my classroom is all tidy, my presents are boxed up, Joe's second home is nearly ready to go.  All that's left is to load my car and pack Joe up and we're off on Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment