Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Forget-me-not

Ugh. This has been a day of forgetfulness.


Last night after my doctor's appointment, I was supposed to stop and get a refill of my prescription... I remembered that fact once I was already home from the store.  Ugh.  I had enough medicine for this morning, but I have to run to the store after school now.


This morning I finished correcting all my papers, packed up my bags, got to school, unpacked my bags and looked for the papers to hand back to students... couldn't find them or my flash drive with all my lesson plans on it.  Yep.  Sitting on my kitchen table.  So I had to run home quick and get them.  I made it back to school before my students arrived, but that was not how I planned my morning to start.


One of the 5th graders wanted help folding down the nails of her frame to keep the glass in place.  The nails had fallen out, so we had to hammer them back in.  I should've taken the glass out before pounding, but I thought it would be fine.  Nope.  The glass cracked.  Thankfully, Mrs. B had some Plexiglas at home so Pastor cut a piece that would fit and the student redid her art.  And now it won't be so breakable! 


Program practice went well again.  I'm still a little worried about our bell songs.  We drove over to church since it was raining/snowing.  It took forever! I don't know why the kids were in no hurry to get to church.  But we had enough time to practice everything with a few minutes to spare for recess.  Mrs. E wants to have the kindergartners in the gym tomorrow (she doesn't like having them in the gym at the same time as the bigger kids), so I guess we have to find something else to do.


Tonight Mrs. B invited me to bake cookies with her and have supper.  The other lady who was supposed to do it with us is not feeling well, so Mrs. B asked if I would check with the other teachers and see if there were any takers.  So far, Mr. D declined... he has a new cat at home longing for company and a test to write.  We'll see if Miss N is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment