Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Game Day

No two hours late this morning!  The roads were not that bad when I went to school, and now it's warm enough that everything is melted off.  I think we're in for a stretch of good weather!


My kids were a little crazy today, but not too bad.  They got to pick their NaNo prizes for writing their words.  Quite a few didn't make their goals... I was surprised.  And they were really close too! Some less than 100 words off!  But they had finished their stories and didn't need/want to write more.  And then I have other students who are not finished with their stories, but did reach their goals.  The other complicated thing is that we changed our goals partway through the month.  So most of the students who didn't get their goals this time around did reach their first goals... so which goal do I go with??? Would it be cheating to go back to their first goals (if they didn't make the second)???


We had an impromptu PE session today.  Normally PE is Monday/Wednesday, but with school called off yesterday, they didn't have it.  And no basketball practice either.  Needless to say, my kiddos were freaking out a bit by the lack of practice since their first game of the season is today.  So Mr. E did PE today.  I was supposed to watch the Kindergartners for him since that's what he normally does at that time, but Mrs. E said she could watch her class and I could go get stuff done.  Woohoo!  I took advantage of the extended Cyber Monday deals and ordered more books for my classroom (I even had a gift certificate to use!).  Sigh.  There is just never enough money for all the books I want to buy!  Still, a few more will be crossed off the "to-buy" list.


My room is being used as a locker room for the Janesville girls.  Their game started about ten minutes ago, so now that I have everything on my "to-do-today" list, I think I'll go watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment