Friday, December 18, 2015

Secret Santa

I got a mysterious present in my mailbox at school today. 


Well, maybe mysterious isn't the right word for it.  It was a book called 30 Second Mysteries with a green card that said, "Merry Christmas Emily! I'm sure your kids will like these mysteries!"  So I'm pretty sure it's from my secret santa.  But, someone put a candy bar in my mailbox earlier this week with a little note on it, so I thought that was from my secret santa.  I guess they both could be. 


We teachers decided to exchange names and give a little gift this week and a bigger gift next week.  But so far, I've gotten three things in my mailbox!  And our big exchange is next Tuesday.  Hmm, it's a mystery.  I haven't figured out who's handwriting is on the cards either.  It is definitely feminine handwriting, but I'm not familiar enough with the female teachers' writing to know which one has my name.  Whoever it is, she is really good at giving me presents I like!  My kids loved the mysteries (and so do I!). It's fun to try to figure them out; fun enough I think I'll bring it along to my family Christmases.


I had Mr. E for my santa partner.  For the little gift this week, I gave him a can of spaghetti o's, since one time I had them in my sack lunch and he said he eats a can of them about every other day for breakfast.  I stuck a bow on the top and wrapped some white paper around the jar.  I had Brady write the words on it so Mr. E wouldn't recognize my handwriting.  Next week's present is a multi-tool screwdriver with about six or seven heads that flip down so you can easily find the tool you need when you need it.  I hope he likes it.  I was drawing a blank on what to get him.


Christmas program update: Our last practice was today.  The robe switcheroo went pretty good.  Bell songs are sounding way better... I had one girl sick; hopefully she's better by Sunday!  We got everything put away so communion on Sunday morning can run smoothly.  All that's left will be to set everything back up after church!

No comments:

Post a Comment