Friday, December 11, 2015

Six Pack

I caught one of the 6th graders doing something funny at recess.  I had called everyone to come in from noon recess, and like usual, most of the boys shot a couple baskets and went to the opposite end of the gym before finally heading to our classrooms.  This particular boy shot a basket in the mini-basketball hoop, hung on the rim, then pulled up his shirt to check how much of a six-pack he had going on.  He must've liked what he saw because he hopped down and came back to class.


Other news of the day: we finished our read-aloud book and picked one to start next week.  It was almost a unanimous vote for Prisoner B-3087.  The book is short enough we may even finish it before Christmas break!  Speaking of Christmas break... can you believe we only have seven days of school until break!  It's insane!  One full week and two days.


Program practice at church went well today.  We ran through the whole program in about 40 minutes.  So it should be around 45-50 minutes or so after we streamline the process and add in the bells/congregation songs.  I got the bulletin cover template finished; the kids need to color/design them yet.  On my agenda for the weekend is to get the Christmas program bulletin/projector information good to go. 


I was supposed to work on the exercise book this weekend, doing a full edit of the entire thing, but the guy doesn't have the final draft finished, so it's pushed off another week.  That's fine.  I'm sure I can find other things to do this weekend.  Saturday noon Mr. D, Mrs. B (1st and 2nd teacher from last year), and I are meeting for lunch at Mexican Villa in Mankato to celebrate Mr. D's birthday.  Ivy and I will probably hang out at some point that day... maybe do some Christmas shopping... my list of gifts to buy for people keeps getting longer and longer!  Of course I'll read some books at some point.  And I have a movie about the holocaust that's due Monday, so I'll need to watch that.  Thankfully I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself again.  Let's pray I keep getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment