Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sneaky

When I sit just right at my computer, anyone coming in the classroom door can't see me.  One of the 5th grade boys burst into the room after basketball practice (and I was sitting just so).  He was belting out a random song... no words, just singing a melody of a song at the top of his lungs (picture opera-style).  I could tell he hadn't noticed me due to the volume of his singing and the fact that he didn't stop.  He puttered around his desk, doing whatever he had come in here for.  I probably would've let him go without saying anything, but I had a question about his homework, so I spoke up.  Oh his face was priceless.  Kind of like, "SHOOT, Miss H is still in here.  And she caught me being weird... I should get out of here as fast as possible!"  All he said was, "Wow, Miss H, I didn't even know you were in here! You're sneaky!" And he tried to book it away.  But I made him stay and answer my question. 


After school, most of my afternoon was spent getting a seating chart for the risers at the Christmas program.  We're starting practice at church this Friday, so everything kind of needs to be in place for that.  I think we finally have it figured out!  There are all sorts of little things that need to be done that I'd completely forgotten about: bulletin covers, getting inside text ready for the bulletin, sending program information to the projector lady.  It's on my to-do list now!


It's also midterms on Friday.  With Thanksgiving break and all that, we haven't had many assignments to put in the grade book.  Social studies has one assignment and science has none!  I suppose I'll grade them on their class participation or something.  I did make a note on their midterms that there aren't many assignments for some classes, so the grades will be skewed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment