Monday, December 21, 2015

Program Round 1

Well, we made it through round one of the Christmas program. 


Today in school one of my 6th grade boys said it went terrible.  Last night at the program a church member came over and said it was even better than last year's.  So.  Mixed reviews.  I think it went okay.  Our bell songs during offering were not the greatest.  I had reminded everyone to check their music and bells and gloves before the service, but one boy only checked that he had gloves.  So the beginning of the song comes and he realizes he is missing a bell.  So we had to wait for him to get it.  Then, in the same song, the beginning players get lost and halfway through the bass players get lost!  So it didn't sound the greatest.  The second song was much better.


Afterwards, I had sat back in my spot in the front pew and I realized I had forgotten to tell the appropriate speakers to go put their robes on for their parts.  Oops.  And that I hadn't reminded them to make sure they knew where their robes were in the first place.  Ugh.  Thankfully, everyone got their robes on in a timely manner and we were none the worse for the wear. 


Brady came up to see the program last night.  He snuck in right before the service started, so there weren't a ton of open seats... except in the front.  So he ended up in the pew right next to where I was directing the bells.  Afterwards, we got some funny looks from students (and parents too!) wondering who was that young man standing by Miss H?  He isn't one of her brothers!  So he got to meet all but one of the teachers along with some parents and pastor and other church members. 


Today the 3rd and 4th grade classroom was all abuzz with the news.  And the 7th graders grilled me in class.  My class is still oblivious.  I am interested to see how long it takes them to realize...  I did have to limit the 7th graders to one question each about the subject.  There's only five of them, so it wasn't an obscene amount of questioning.  One kid asked if we met on Eharmony.  Another said, "Well it's about time Miss H!" Some of them hadn't heard what his name was, so they tried guessing.  One guy said, "I bet it's Andrew.  He looks like an Andrew.  That's his name isn't it?"  So.  Now the secret's out.  Ah well, it lasted a good long while. 


Now I'm off to Pastor's house for round two of baking cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment