Thursday, December 17, 2015

Kindergarten Cuties

The kindergartners are so cute when they do their part of the Christmas program.  There's a part in the last song they sing where they say something along the lines of "and Jesus died for YOU" and they point to the audience.  One of darling little boys always looks right at me at that part and points to me.  I just can't help but smile!  He always gives me a high five when we practice walking into church and everyday when he sees me in the hallway, he says "Hi Miss H!" So adorable.


Our bell songs are a little better.  We would've had more time to practice, but one of the 7th grade girls was dinking around and wouldn't come out to the car when we had to drive over to church.  Sigh.  I had to turn the car off and go inside the school to get her.  We're going to have an extra bell practice tomorrow afternoon.  Practice will be in the morning for once since Miss N has a wedding she has to go to in the afternoon. 


We made some last minute changes to the program today.  Most of my students have to wear white robes for their speaking parts, and Miss N wanted them to wear the robes for the entire program.  The girls were complaining because they'd already picked out special Christmas dresses to wear those nights and now they'll be covered up by a robe.  A parent even emailed me about it.  I wasn't too thrilled about them wearing robes to begin with, what with all the ups and downs on the risers, so Miss N and I figured out a way they can change into the robes without taking too much time or being too distracting.  I hope we can keep everything organized in the back room!  Most of the changing will happen after we play bells during the offering.  Tomorrow is our last practice before our performance on Sunday, so we'll be having a dress rehearsal tomorrow.  I hope we get it all right!

No comments:

Post a Comment