Friday, April 29, 2016

16- MLC Play

Lots of neat things going on today.  The Mystery Class answers have been announced... and both of my classes got bronze (we found 8 sites) and our name posted on the Mystery Class website! This is the first time we've found that many! You can see my class names here under the 6th and 7th grade bronze categories (if you can't find it on the site, press "control" and "F" on the keyboard and type in "Heintz" which will locate my name on the page).  Looking back at the answers I found, I located all 10! First time ever! But since I didn't share my answers with the class, we only had 8 correct.

It was Miss W's last day today.  She brought us mini candy bars to eat at lunch, and then came to the MLC play with us.  Hopefully she can come back for the musical or one of the field trips we're taking!  My kids made her a few cards, and she wrote us thank-you notes (haven't read them yet...).

Lots of kids were excited about the Book Fair today.  I didn't expect much business since we hadn't advertised that it'd be open today, so most kids wouldn't have money to spend.  However... I noticed a lot of the 3rd and 4th grade girls with the little trinkety things sold at the Book Fair so they must've had money stashed away somewhere!  My guess is business will pick up next week now that people know it's going on.

The MLC play was good.  Once Upon A Wolf was about Granny Smelly Feet telling stories, mostly ones that feature the wolf being the bad guy, always dying in the end.  He gets fed up and wants a better story.  So he tries fitting in as Goldilocks, Cinderella's fairy godmother, and a prince.  But none are quite right and in the end he realizes that he's better off as a wolf after all.  It was pretty funny! Also, long.  It ended ten minutes later than usual, thus we made it to the bus 15 minutes later than usual, so it was a scramble at the end of the day to send kids home. We made it though!

Monday's balloon activity: make a special Mother's Day gift.  I think we'll paint terracotta pots and plant some flowers.  That's always a good project.

No comments:

Post a Comment