Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Chirping Little Frog

Another rainy day... it brings the frogs out!  I went in the outside door of my classroom when I got to school, and as I opened the door through the dripping rain, out popped a little green frog! And by green, I mean super bright green, the greenest frog I've ever seen.  It was about the size of a quarter!


A little blurry, but you can still see the little guy.

We heard his (or some other frog's) chirruping the rest of the day... it sounded like our air conditioner was squeaking, but we're pretty sure it was a frog...

The rest of the day went fairly normal.  We finally got our tomatoes and our tomato labs are underway. Speaking of which, I need to clean off the lab table from that... some of our cut tomatoes got a little juicy and with volleyball practice after school I didn't have a chance earlier to clean up.  Well, I had some time while Mr. E taught my class PE, but I was distracted by the Scholastic book order that arrived.  Five new chapter books and four new picture books! Woohoo! Books galore!  I haven't read any of the chapter books, but they're all on my to-read list, so they might come home with me before I add them to our library.  Besides, the kids just picked their books to read, so they probably won't need to pick another one anytime soon.  Right?

After school we had our first volleyball practice.  It went very well.  Many of the girls went to volleyball camps over the summer (and practiced with their parents too), so we are much improved from last year.  Another parent volunteered to coach the A squad, a job I am more than happy to let her take, so my coaching role is more of the organizing and directing variety than actual skill teaching.

After volleyball, we teachers went over to church for the Ice Cream Social, a fundraiser meal our church puts on.  When I first heard about it my first year of teaching, I thought it was a chance for the congregation to meet the teachers and feed them ice cream.  Nope.  It's a full-on meal with freewill donation.  So I had supper at 4:30pm, much earlier than my usual supper meal.  But eating so early means I have lots of time to work at school without getting hungry...

So far I'm not doing so well on my "leave school between 5-5:30" goal.  Eventually, when volleyball season is over, I will hopefully do better. Until then, it's going to be kinda tough to get out of here when practice ends at 4:15.

Sand volleyball last night went well, playing wise.  It did not rain for most of our games, and at the end it only sprinkled a little. But the mosquitoes though! Ugh. They were terrible.  I put bug spray on three times and I still got bit up!  We did win both matches.  Only lost one game each match.  We should be ranked pretty high for the tournament this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment