Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Straws on the Ground

For some reason, lunch took quite a long time to serve today.  We had hamburgers and fries, so I'm not sure what the holdup was... maybe putting stuff on the burgers? Anyway, we were in line way early with many 3rd and 4th graders in front of us.  A lot of them had straws to drink their milk with.  The only bad thing was they were skittering around so much they kept dropping their straws on the dirty floor! And then picked them up! And kept them to use still! Gross.

We did our first day of Work on Writing (with Daily 5). They were actually really excited about using the prompt pails.  We didn't have nearly enough time to write, but now they have ideas about what to write tomorrow.  Some wanted to share their writing already, so I'll set aside class time tomorrow for sharing.  We haven't done Writing Workshop yet... I'm still a bit shaky on how I want to run it/what I want to teach with it in my classroom, so I'm a bit scared to start this year.  I suppose I should just dive right in and make changes as we go along.  I should re-read the book that goes along with it.  It's been in my teacher bag for weeks; I just haven't pulled it out to look at it.

Our first soccer and volleyball games are today.  I wanted to watch part of the soccer game... and it sounds like halftime is over... so I'd best get out to the field.  It's right outside my classroom now so I can kind of hear what's going on.  After that is B squad volleyball followed by A squad.  Then probably more teacher work...

No comments:

Post a Comment