Thursday, September 29, 2016

Write this down

I should really start to write things down that I want to talk about on here.  Throughout the day I'll think, "hey, I should say this on my blog." But by the time I get around to writing it, my mind is blank.

Oh, it's starting to come back to me... I had two things I wanted to talk about...

We placed a book order last week Wednesday and the books were scheduled to arrive yesterday.  I'd told my kiddos that they were scheduled for delivery Wednesday, so all day yesterday they were pestering me about when they'd arrive.  The UPS usually stops after school, maybe between 4-5:30 or so, but sometimes they get here before the school day is over.  So my kids were very optimistic that their books would get here before the day ended.  No such luck.  Then they were hoping they'd get here before volleyball practice ended.  Nope. Still nothing.  The book orders finally came yesterday at about 4:30pm.  So I put the books on their desks and they got them this morning.

Two girls ordered a geology kit that includes 40 rocks. They opened them up this morning... and one of them accidentally let the rocks fall out.  The rocks had all been in separate little compartments, but now most of them were in one big heap.  Bummer.  But it turned out to be kind of a cool thing anyway.  A book came with the rock kit with pictures of the kinds of rocks, so at afternoon recess, she and I looked through the book and tried to match the rock sample with the name in the book.  By the end of recess, she only had 10 more to classify.  It was fun!

Last night I put my second batch of dried apples in the oven before I went to Bible study.  By the time I got home, they were nice and crispy!  My plan for this evening is to correct papers.  I'd hoped to find a good movie on the Bookmobile today, but no such luck.  Maybe I'll put on music (which gets the correcting done faster anyway... less chance of getting distracted) or maybe I'll watch an old favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment