Monday, September 12, 2016

Long Day

Today was good. Long, but good.

I taught my kiddos about the periodic table of elements in Chemistry class today. Some were so excited, they wanted me to give them a copy of the table of elements so they could take it home and hang it on their walls.  We've been talking about atoms and matter, not to mention protons, neutrons, and electrons.  I think they're getting it for the most part.

We got on the topic of DNA in religion this morning.  This year is all about Bible history, so we're starting at Genesis and working our way through the bible.  Thus, the topic of who Adam and Eve's kids married came up.  And since they thought it was gross brothers married sisters, we had to talk about why it wasn't bad to do that back then and why nowadays it's not such a good idea.  Of course they wanted to learn more about DNA, but they'll have to wait until they get to 7th and 8th grade.  That's actually what the 7th and 8th graders will learn about next week!

After school, I skipped volleyball practice and went to our staff meeting instead.  It was supposed to be a short meeting, but it ended up getting over at about 4:40pm.  And as usual, my to-do list grew exponentially after the meeting.  Got some of the things done after the meeting, but by that point, my motivation decided to call it a day, so I'll have to do more of those things later this week.  It's going to be a busy one!

Soccer and volleyball games tomorrow, PTL meeting on Wednesday, Friday my sisters are coming up to see Theater Physics at Bethany that evening, and Saturday my cousin is getting married!

This past weekend's volleyball tournament went well, though I actually didn't get to play in the actual tournament.  The morning's games were all played to determine ranking for the tournament bracket.  By the time we'd played each of the teams once (we only lost one of five games), I had to leave to get ready for Miss N's wedding.  I found out our team took first place in the tournament. Kind of a bummer I didn't get to stay for it, but the wedding was fun, so that makes up for it!  My farmer and I actually ran into quite a few people we knew... he saw more people he knew than I did! The same was true at the Clay County Fair the next day... all sorts of people we knew were there... relatives, friends, people from college days... it's a small world after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment