Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Contact Lens

Survived the first day of school! It rained/thundered pretty much all day, but it still stayed hot and humid.  My air conditioner was no match for the sweaty bodies occupying my room even though I turned it on almost right away in the morning.

One of my students is on vacation the whole first week.  I knew about it before they left, so she has some of her assignments, but there's a lot crammed into the first week of school! We got most of my to-do list for today accomplished, but not everything.  Going over the all-school rules took longer than anticipated and we also did an unplanned religion lesson.  But those are good things to do too and there's plenty of time in the school year, so life goes on.

My tomatoes never arrived at school today... a parent was supposed to have dropped them off over the weekend, but she forgot.  Thankfully, we had another activity to do, so the tomato lab has been pushed off until tomorrow.

The worst part of the day was in the afternoon when my contact somehow got out of whack... as in, it got stuck behind my eye.  It's happened before and I just have to wait it out.  Eventually things will right themselves.  This time took forever though!  I was walking around the room with one eye opened and one eye closed.  Of course my kiddos noticed, how could you not? I felt kinda like a pirate.  But I was back to normal before the school day ended.

Tonight I have my last two sand volleyball games of the year (aside from the tournament this weekend).  They are rescheduled games from one of the weeks we got rained out... though I was wondering with all the rain earlier today if they'd be cancelled again!  I think the rain has stopped for now, so we're still on as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment