Friday, October 6, 2017

Holes

We finally had a chance to watch the movie Holes. I only planned to watch a little of it today, but they convinced me we should finish it. One 6th grader has seen it over 10 times, so as you might imagine, he could quote pretty much the entire movie. I'm glad we watched it all. Quite a few kids made plot connections from the movie that they didn't connect while reading the book. So reading the book ahead of time helped the movie make more sense.

We were supposed to practice our fire procedures today, but I forgot in the morning and then it down poured the rest of the day, so we didn't. I did tell them where we're supposed to go in case of a fire... out our side door and stand on 2nd base by the kickball diamond. Maybe we'll have a chance to practice right away Monday morning.

I got slightly more caught up on my correcting. Pastor had an electronic copy of the Reformation service and emailed it to me. My students picked their parts today and we'll work on them next week, so I'm feeling more relaxed about that project. This weekend will hopefully give me a chance to get caught up on a few other things. I do wish it would stop raining though! We're going to float away pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment