Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Picture Day

Today's high was 75 degrees. Normally, I'd just roll with the temperature, but today was picture day. I had my outfit all picked out... except I thought it was supposed to be in the upper 60s/lower 70s, so my outfit was built with cooler weather in mind. I thought about wearing it anyway, but my classroom is not a great conductor so it's hard to keep the temperature constant. I knew my room would be hot in the afternoon (we turned the air conditioner on today even!), so I changed clothes at the last minute.

Blech, guys have it easy! Throw on a shirt and tie and you're good to go! I found an okay outfit and my hair looked okay, so I guess picture day was fine after all. Still, I wish I could've worn my original outfit! It was way cuter than what I actually wore. Oh well.

We had an impromptu guest speaker before lunch. It was a volunteer coordinator from a Thanksgiving dinner celebration. They make homemade food and serve it free to anyone who wants to come. They have a garden to grow onions, potatoes, squash, and pumpkins for the meal. They've done it for the past 30 years and serve around 1000 people every year! Wow! The committee has placemats on each table, and they ask local schools to decorate them. This year our school was picked. They needed 400 placemats, which means each student would have to make 8. That's too many, so we're making 200 and the volunteer will ask another school to decorate some too. One last thing to start before I leave for a week!

I have most things ready to go. Tonight my goal is to pack my suitcase. Tomorrow I'm hoping to hang out with my farmer one last time before I leave the country, so today is kind of my last day to get things in place.  Most things at school are printed out. I have a few more things to set in prominent places, but I can't do that until all the kids are gone (resetting the classroom for next week). Man, I hope I remembered everything. I'm sure if I did forget something, it'll be fine. Still, I'd like to be as prepared for all eventualities if I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment