Friday, October 13, 2017

Volleyball

Well, B squad volleyball is officially over. Our last game was last night; the A squad has a tournament this weekend.  The girls played hard the first game and went into triple overtime. You have to win by two, so we went back and forth with Janesville about three or four times past the usual 25 points. But we lost.  And we lost the second game too, although it was close for a while. The last game we finally won! Yay! But it was neck and neck towards the end again.

So many exciting things coming up... my sub visits Monday morning, I leave for Guatemala in less than a week, and I have a student teacher coming in November! This morning I got an email from the BLC placement teacher that told me what her name is and a little more about her. Now I'm even more excited. I told myself I wouldn't tell my kids right away because there are already so many exciting things happening and I don't want the student teacher to be overshadowed by the other stuff. So I'm making myself wait, even though I really want to spill... Oh it was so hard today! I kept thinking of how to get the student teacher involved in our reading routines which made me smile, and of course my kids noticed that, which meant they wanted to know why. Some chalked it up to other random things, but at the end of the day, they figured out I had something exciting to tell them. They were not happy when I wouldn't tell them. "Does it have to do with just you or does it include us?" they asked. And they were even more frustrated when they found out it had to do with them.

"Why won't you tell us????" they whined.
"I will tell you, just not until after I get back from Guatemala."
"But that's SO FAR AWAY!" 
"You'll survive."
Boy, I hope I can hold out that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment