Thursday, October 5, 2017

Radio

My kiddos were on the radio today, KNUJ community events, to promote the Pork Chop Dinner. Before the five of them left school (I didn't go along), they asked if I'd be listening to them on the radio. So I found the live streaming and listened.

During school, we talked through some of the possible questions, but I didn't give them specific things to say. They did great! The DJ asked them what their favorite subject in school was, why it was their favorite, what part of that class was their favorite, why they go to ILS... and their answers were amazing. Almost every one of them said because it helps their faith to grow and the teachers are nice. Of course, they said more than that too, more things about the dinner and what they'd be doing to help. A parent gave more details about the silent auction and the dinner menu, etc. of course.

I had thought about going along, but it was my only night free this week, and then it turned out to be not so free anyway.  After school, a parent dropped off more silent auction items, but we decided to store them at church. Another parent wanted to talk about silent auction things too, so I ended up leaving school at about sixish. Then I ran errands in New Ulm and got home about 7:45.  I still have a huge pile of papers to correct, but my gumption is running low.

The stress is catching up to me... getting midterm grades ready and working on all the things I need to do before Guatemala and getting hand bells ready to play the Sunday I get back and prepping stuff for the sub, and working on the special service the kids are doing in church to celebrate the Reformation in church (also the Sunday after I get back from Guatemala), and current lesson plans, and coordinating communication between parents for the Pork Chop Dinner/Silent Auction this weekend, and volleyball stuff, and my freelance writing... whew. I wish I had a pause button so I could get everything done. But it will all get done eventually. So I'll keep plugging away. But a few extra prayers would be appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment