Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sub Plans

Whew, I think my sub plans are complete! I spent last night working on them again and I think I even have the week after I get back planned out two. Hopefully not too much changes!

In NaNo prep I introduced the concept of conflict to them. They understood the concept, but they're having trouble applying it to their stories. Monday I will meet with each of them and try to help them iron it out in their stories.

Mrs. L will be in school with us on Monday too. She's coming at 9:30, so it's really important that we stay on track! We'll see if that happens or not... although lately I have been better about sticking to our schedule.

Today started out right on track; we even wrapped up religion a bit early. But since there was a little time, I looked up a version of the song we're singing in church on the 29th on Youtube and they liked it so much we had to watch it twice. (It's funny because before that they had all been grumbling about practicing music. But once they recognized the song, they loved it!). That reminded me of another 'Christian power jam' song, so we listened to that one too. Which reminded them of another good christian song, so we listened to that one too. We still had time to do read aloud, DOL, Workshop, and all our rounds, so we weren't too far off schedule.

I had forgotten that a grandpa was bringing in his Native American artifacts today... he's brought them before, but not since my first year teaching when his other granddaughter was in my class. I forgot he was coming until I saw his head peek in one of our windows. So I had a 6th grader open the side door for him and he set up his artifacts while I kept teaching English. We took a break to look at his stuff. He had scrapers, arrow heads, broken knives, fire starters, and pottery with designs etched in.  And a light up magnifying glass! Boy they had fun with that. Before the grandpa left, he told me if I want him to come back again (even if he doesn't have a granddaughter in my class), he still will come, I just have to let him know. I'll have to keep that in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment