Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Jogging

We were on time to chapel today! It was close though!

Firefighters dropped off Fire Poster information yesterday, so when my students saw they could get started, my students put that at the top of their priority list. Of course when the bell rang they didn't want to stop. After we did our normal morning routine they were sure we didn't have enough time to do our pre-chapel hymnsing, but we still sang a few songs (partly because they said it... what can I say, I'm stubborn!). They have a habit of writing random numbers on the board, not even checking what song it is. There were two who picked a real song, and by real, I mean they actually requested a song they wanted to sing. So those were the ones I picked.

We had about five minutes-ish to walk over to chapel. I wasn't sure if we'd make it or not so I directed the class to speed walk. That still wasn't fast enough and soon we jogged. Nothing like getting the blood pumping before chapel! My students were surprised I jogged with them and had no qualms about sharing that fact with their seat partners. "Miss H, were you really running???" everyone wanted to know.  "No, absolutely not! We were jogging!" was my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment