Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Packing Up

There are lots of notes on the board. We were a little rushed at the end of the day... I forgot to have them fill out their Writers' Workshop self assessments and their Daily 5 sheets before lunch, so it was a last minute scramble. And some of them still didn't turn their forms in. My sub won't know who hasn't turned everything in, so I made a note. We didn't finish our Thanksgiving webquest today, so I made a note of the students who haven't finished. And of course our daily to-do list.

Before I leave, I want to have everything laid out for my sub. It will be weird to leave my flashdrive and clipboard here! Those things are never far from my side since they hold pretty much my entire life.

Last night I packed my suitcase and backpack. I have plenty of room in there, even with my rubber boots (it's supposed to rain all seven days) and the extra toys people donated after Sunday. I'm bringing a bunch of snacks... crackers, fruit leather, and granola bars. Hopefully it's enough! I also started my malaria medication today; it starts two days prior to travel. Can you believe I leave in a day and a half? Yikes! I still find it hard to believe.

My plan for tonight is to finish correcting my papers, hand them back to students, and work on Upwork lesson plans. I have one more lesson assigned to me that I want to finish before I leave. After that, I can assign myself lessons to write (this is for the freelance writing work). Tomorrow's Lutheran Educator Conference starts at 8:45 and goes until 5. Then it will be an early bedtime! We're leaving for the airport Friday morning around 1:15am. Ufda! It will be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment