Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pokey Little Puppies

Holy cow my kiddos were pokey at the end of the day! They came back from PE and lingered at the lab table, talked to each other a while, turned off the computers... but they never came back to their desks so we could pray and go home! They wasted almost 10 minutes! Finally I got most of them rounded up, but man, it took a while.

My sub binder is finished. I still need to write plans for the week I'm gone, but the 'Sub Tub' has allllll the info my sub will ever need while I'm gone. Routines and procedures, student lists/photo directories, fire/tornado evacuation plans, nurse contact info. For real. It's all in there. Whew!

The fire fighters came today. My kids were quiet at first, but they got warmed up after a few questions. I got some good pictures of them outside by the fire trucks. They got to try on the uniforms  (boots and helmets too!) and even sprayed the fire hose for a while. That took up most of our morning after chapel. We finished the morning with extra read-aloud time and a short round of read to self. They are super into the new read-aloud book we switched to! I've read it before, but I'm still sad that I'll miss reading to them for a week. I hope the sub has as good a time as I do reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment