Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A little airing out

It was kind of smelly in our classroom today... I think a few people forgot to put on deodorant. Our sentsi is still on loan to the 7/8th graders (so their room won't smell like vomit), so we didn't have anything to combat the smell in our room. It got to the point that I had to say something. At lunch, I made the general announcement that everyone should do a sniff check over lunch to see if they needed to apply deodorant again (most had their basketball bags and would have deodorant along). They all thought it was funny and started sniffing each other and themselves. I even checked myself, just in case it was me! Once we settled down enough to pray, the helper of the day picked the prayer 'Jaws'.

To do this, we make shark fins by putting both hands together over our heads and move them up and down in time to the Jaws themesong, saying, "God is good and God is great and GodisgoodandGodisgreat and letusthankhimforourfood. Amen!" And SNAP our hands together on the Amen. Well, that's all fine and good on a normal day, but on a slightly smelly day... it definitely airs things out!

On a whole other note, I'm kind of scared to go out and start my car. This morning, the engine wouldn't catch. I tried it six times or so before I called my dad. He said to keep trying it. The next time, it turned on. So I made it to school okay, but the engine light is still on. It's warmer today, so maybe that will help? But my car was in a garage overnight and it's been starting fine in the cold which makes me think it's a worse problem... The Ford dealership in New Ulm can't get me in until tomorrow right after school, so I'll have to duck out right away, and then they only have time to check it, not do anything about it (as far as I understand). So let's pray that it's not something major! And that my car starts tonight and tomorrow so I can get there without a tow truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment