Monday, January 8, 2018

Art

I've had a note in the bulletin for a while asking for volunteers to watch the kids in the gym at noon recess so I can do more art projects with my students (or any other students who have noon recess). FINALLY I had someone volunteer! She called this morning before school and set up a bunch of times to come this month, including today!

Man, my kiddos were so excited to hear that! They had a blast. Most were finished with their art project I'd assigned on Friday, so they wanted to do something new. I had a bunch of straight clothespins in the closet I'd been meaning to do a project with, so I set them out on the table along with the ribbons and yarn and they made people! A few wanted to make dragon flies, but I didn't have pipe cleaners. Mrs. E has about a billion (her words) and let them borrow the whole box. Wow, they did not want to stop! Clean-up was pretty easy, although my lab table is all full of art supplies now.

They were super bummed to find out they have to wait until Friday to do it again. Hey, at least Friday isn't all that far away in the grand scheme of things! Our first volunteer said she might be able to get some more grandmas to supervise in the gym. There were some ladies who were interested, but they didn't want to do it if they had to stand in the cold. Ha, me neither! Besides, everyone wants to play basketball at noon recess. So we'll see how many people we can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment