Thursday, January 4, 2018

Rebels

I almost had a rebellion on my hands today... It's partly my fault since I let myself be convinced to watch an extra episode of Wishbone instead of sticking with the two I originally planned on. After getting all cozy in our beanbags and blankets (they brought some from home), they didn't want to get up. Adding to that was that we don't have spelling or handwriting this week, plus Wishbone is really good at explaining the classics... so we watched a third one. Of course afterwards they pressed for a 4th, but I held my ground. I asked them to go to the Reading Corner so we could pick our Daily 5 round. One kid said, "What if we all just stay here and take a nap?" All of them closed their eyes and pretended to sleep. None of them moved. What? Total rebellion? No one following instructions? I let them know that if they choose to boycott me and my decisions, they wouldn't be allowed to have any more prizes this year. That got them moving. Whew! They were pretty good after that until Social Studies time. Then they got the giggles...

After school was moderately productive. I got bell music put in folders and science fair info printed out. I just need to remember to pass it out tomorrow. My rough lesson plan for next week is in place. I had a nice chat with Miss S and I ran my errands. I made the mistake of grocery shopping on an empty stomach... Now one of my goals is to cook with what I have for the next month to see if I can use up some of the stockpile I have in my kitchen.

Since it's the traditional time for new beginnings, (and my current goal of getting home before 5:30 isn't going so well) I made myself a list of the things I hope to accomplish weekly:
  • Be home by 5:30 three times per week (start small and I can work my way up to more days)
  • Cook supper at least once per week
  • Write for fun at least 10 minutes
  • Bake something
  • Do something crafty
  • Read a book I own but haven't read yet
  • Get some type of physical activity
There you have it! Miss H's personal weekly goals of 2018!


No comments:

Post a Comment