Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Hot, Hot, Hot

I forgot to mention yesterday when I walked into my classroom it was 82 degrees... the thermostat was set at 68 and the heater was still kicking it into high gear. Mr. E tried shutting off the fuse, which caused the heater to stop. But as soon as the fuse was switched back on, the heater started up again, even though the temperature in the room was much higher than the thermostat was set at. He contacted the school trustees who said we should toggle the on/off switch on the thermostat to get it to reset. That worked and the heaters worked okay for the rest of the day.

This morning, the heat was still normal when I got to school. But then right before we went to chapel, I noticed the room felt hot and... the heaters were running without shutting off again. So I tried the on/off technique again, but it didn't work this time. I left it off and we'll have to get the electricians out at school tomorrow. Thankfully the south side of heaters in my room works, so there will be heat overnight and into tomorrow. I heard it's supposed to get cold again...

Before school I braved the wind and walked around to the other side of my apartment building to watch the eclipse/super blood blue moon. It was pretty neat! It didn't stick around long though. When I checked again fifteen minutes later, the moon had either been covered up by clouds or had descended below the horizon. A few of my students remembered their extra credit assignment! I'd said if they saw the eclipse/took pictures of it and showed me, I'd give them extra credit in science. Three took pictures. Two looked for the eclipse/moon but couldn't see it. Not sure if I should give them credit or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment