Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Last Minute Field Trip

On Sunday, I saw a poster up in church (a church I was visiting) about a historical speaker coming to MLHS to talk about World War I. I've been to this speaker in the past and he is FANTASTIC! He really makes history come alive. Two years ago the topic was on voyagers of Minnesota. Just the other day two 8th graders were talking about something this speaker had said/demonstrated that they remembered from the field trip two years ago.

Of course I wanted to go. Last year we didn't get to. I don't think we were invited (two years ago, one of our students threw up at the event and we haven't been back since). But I thought I'd bring it up with Mr. E just in case. It turns out we were invited by the MLHS principal, but Mr. E had forgotten until I asked about it. The bad news: we play the Martin County basketball teams that night in Northrup. So if we go to the field trip, we'd come back to school only to turn around and go right back for the games that night. And there's no way we can bum around Fairmont until the games at four.

But Mr. E did end up giving permission for the 5-8th graders to go! We already have two drivers besides Mr. E and me. That leaves us needing room for six kids. I have some people in mind that I could call to see if they'd drive, but I'm waiting to hear if any parents volunteer first. Still, the field trip is next Tuesday, and no school on Monday since it's the end of the quarter, so I don't have a ton of time to pull this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment