Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Testing, Testing

Testing went better today. The computers worked ...except for mine. One girl couldn't log onto her account, so I offered to let her use my computer. As soon as she plugged in her headphones, my computer shut off! What?!

We turned it back on again, but I had to log in as an administrator and I didn't know the username or password. Of course the IT guys didn't answer their phone. At first I thought I couldn't do anything through the computer, but then I found that I could still access my flashdrive and go on the internet. So I was able to get done what I needed to today. Whew! In my head, I was already coming up with backup plans of how I could teach my lessons without computers. Thankfully I didn't need them.

On a totally different note, for recess art I've had the students do some drawing. At the YWAC a few years ago, I went to a session where the speaker had us put a hand behind our back. He placed an object in the hand and had us draw it without looking at it. We had to go by touch alone. It was fun! So I recruited a few toys from the preschool teacher to give them more options. One of their classmates picked items from the bag and placed them in her drawing classmates' hands. They had a blast! And pretty much blew through the bag of toys. I told them to bring things from home that would be fun to draw. We'll see if any remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment