Friday, January 19, 2018

Snow Fun

Our afternoon recess was so fun! It's about 45 degrees this afternoon so it was perfect to be outside. We went on the soccer side, but played on the huge drift that's right outside the 7/8th and 3/4th grade classroom. My kids got out there before I did (I had to put on my boots and hat, etc.), and then I hung around the parking lot talking to a few parents who came to school early to pick up their kids (no busing this afternoon). 

A short while into our conversation, two girls came up to me, "Miss H, we have news." Oh boy. They were smiling, so I thought it was good, until they said, "Well, we don't want to be tattle tales, but they're all throwing snow at Mr. D's window." On that note, I left the parents and went to stop the snow throwing. 

The 3/4th graders were super concerned that my kids were playing around the tunnels they'd built earlier today. One of my students wasn't watching where he was going and stepped right through one, breaking the whole top piece. And of course the 3/4th graders watched the whole thing through their windows. I knew they'd be furious, so I told my kids we had to try to rebuild the top. The snow was melty/sticky enough that we could fix it, and it was kind of fun packing snow on top of snow, trying to get it to stay. By the end of recess, it was good as new! Of course, it's supposed to be warm up until Sunday, so it will probably melt and fall in again. And if that doesn't happen, it will probably be covered by snow again with the storm that's supposed to come through Sunday into Monday. Either way, the 3/4th graders were happy to have their tunnel fixed. My kids burned off a lot of energy and I had fun playing in the snow too. Maybe I'll have to go out for more snow fun once I get home...

No comments:

Post a Comment