Monday, February 12, 2018

Basketball

I wonder if there's a storm coming that we don't know about... my class was off the wall today!!! They couldn't stop talking and they were picking at each other all day. Super mean. I couldn't get them to stop for the life of me! Also, Joe buried himself after school. We did add new bedding to his tank and fluffed it up, so that could be why he's hunkered down too.

Our home basketball tournament was a success again! Both boys and girls won first place. And we found out both teams made it into the state tournament. Even though I lectured my students about getting into stuff, a few of them didn't listen. Some of our ILS kids were playing with the exercise balls (they'd been safely tucked in the closet when I'd left on Friday) and one got popped! The kid who broke it is buying a new one, but still. They knew better than to be playing with them.

A clipboard fell off the shelf today during class and broke in half. My students said it was broken before it fell; some boys had been playing hide and seek in here (in a girls locker room???) and knocked it down causing it to break. They stuck it back up there hoping no one would notice. I'm debating whether I should confront the student about it or not. It's just a clipboard, but at the same time, there aren't many unbroken clipboards left! We had to throw this one away.

Aside from those minor incidents, all was well. As far as I know, no one got injured. The cheerleaders did a fantastic job! A few of my 5th grade students planned and organized the whole thing. They taught the 1-3rd graders all the cheers and even had them get into a pyramid during the school song. I am so impressed with them!

To end on a fun, non-school-related note, one of my college friends had a birthday yesterday. She said she's always wanted flowers delivered to her at work, so another friend and I went in on a bouquet together and had it delivered to her at work. She was surprised!!! Definitely money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment