Friday, February 23, 2018

Half Day

Whew, it's been a crazy morning! We started the day with Teacher Classroom Swap; I read books with Mr. D's class and he read books to my class. The other classrooms switched around too. We all had a blast! The book Mr. D read to my students was pretty long, so I ended up reading all three books I brought with me to the 3rd and 4th grade room. I could've used a fourth book! Actually I had one set aside, but I thought four books might be overkill, so I left it behind.

Thinking we'd only have time for one, I had them vote which book to read. The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors won by a landslide, and since it's hilarious, they loved it. They were surprised by my crazy voices for the different characters! Since we had time, we also read Dog vs. Cat and my all-time favorite read aloud, Grumpy Bird. 

We got a lot of 5/6th grade read-aloud time too. Miss S forgot about reading buddies, but the timing worked out pretty well anyway. By the time her 1/2nd graders made it down to our room, we had just wrapped up the last spelling test.

As my class worked its way through the lunch line, parents arrived for the pep fest. It was supposed to start at noon, but we pushed the start back a few minutes since my class got back to our room at 11:55! A few of us had to finish our lunch afterwards so we could watch the festivities in the gym. We ended up dismissing the 5-8th graders at 12:30. The other classes had recess until one, then watched a movie in Mr. D's room for the rest of the day.

I had one student who didn't say her memory work in the morning, so she had to stay for a while until she could say it. Grrr!!! I hate late memory workers! Thankfully everyone else had theirs said before the morning bell rang. Only one student (a different one) stayed until the end of the day. I've been working in my room, and will hopefully get to duck out early!

Pastor and Mrs. B offered me space in their car to ride up to the games tonight. It sounds like the weather will be good for driving, not like tomorrow with all the snow in the forecast. We'll come back home tonight though. Go braves!

No comments:

Post a Comment