Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dressing Up

Yesterday I forgot to post because I dashed out of school so fast! I actually left a little early so I could be in New Ulm early enough to meet my sisters/mom. My youngest sister is getting married this summer and we got to go dress shopping yesterday! Mr. E dismissed my class for me and I was in New Ulm by 2:45.

Today my sick student was back, but I sent another one home. This one had the shakes and felt hot and her stomach hurt. ...Let's hope it stops with her. So far my classroom has been pretty healthy this year. I want to keep it that way!

Yesterday's dress up day was "Past vs. Future". No kids took me up on the wear pjs again idea, but that's okay. One girl wore a suit coat and brought a brief case (she's going to be an engineer). A few dressed up like the 80s or 90s. One wore a Renaissance costume.  I was a stay at home mom and wore a sweatshirt and jeans. Someone said, "You should've stayed at home today! Cuz you'd be doing what a stay at home mom would do!"

Today was Jersey Day. I didn't have a jersey, so I wore normal teacher clothes, but everyone in my class dressed up someway. A few wore actual jerseys, one borrowed an extra basketball jersey from school, and a few wore shirts advertising specific sports teams.

Tomorrow is class color day. We are purple! And everyone is complaining that they don't have any purple to wear. We'll see if they scrounge some up...

No comments:

Post a Comment