Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Mouse Mouse Get Outta My House

No, there wasn't a mouse in my house today. ...But there was in my classroom! A little one about two inches long scurried around the lab table and the reading corner. Many of the girls screamed and jumped up on their desks. Grr. Their loud talking and shouting made the mouse scurry even more! I had hoped to chase it out of our room, but that was not to be. Finally I got our resident 8th grade fix-it man and he set up a trap with peanut butter in a corner. So far the mouse has not been caught, but we haven't seen it again either! This is the first mouse I've seen in my classroom in all the years I've been at this school (six). I've seen them in the coat room or in other parts of the school, but never my room. Man! I hope there isn't a hole anywhere! Hopefully it gets caught tonight when no one is here.

The other exciting thing today was the MSU play at Nicollet. They moved the time of the play to 8:30, so we had a super quick turnaround time from when our kids arrived on the bus to when they had to get back on the bus to get over to Nicollet. We made it by 8:30! And we expected to sneak in after they'd already started. But when we walked through the doors of the auditorium, no one was there. Strange... only the actors were there. It turns out they adjusted the time so that we could make it there before the show started. Well, that was nice of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment