Friday, February 9, 2018

Disarray

My classroom is in tidy disarray... The desks are shoved in the reading corner with the focusing folders blocking them from view. The plants line the top of a book shelf instead of crowding one end of the lab table as per usual. The exercise balls are jammed inside the closet held in place by the podium. If you've guessed it's tournament time, you'd be right!

School ended today at 11:30, which is when the reorganizing began. My room is always used as a girls' locker room, so everything must be moved to the side and tucked away. Joe is in his 'travel' home, and instead of making him face the cold outside, he's under my desk with his heat lamp on top. The kids are all excited that he's hiding, and they keep telling people who come in my room, "Guess where Joe is!" So, I'm not sure how much of a secret his location will be. Hopefully once the tournament actually starts, they'll be too busy to pay him any mind.

My students are like little guard dogs, saying they'll come check on him every day this weekend so no one messes with him!

We got everything done this morning that we needed to, so it was pretty easy for my students to convince me that we should have extra read-aloud time. Plus we're super close to the end of the book and it's exciting!!! We weren't able to finish it though. Oh well, there's always Monday!

Now I'm headed home to eat some lunch before coming back for the games this afternoon. Go Braves!


No comments:

Post a Comment