Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Basketball

I got roped into watching the boys before their basketball practice started... Mondays and Wednesdays are practice days, and the girls and boys switch off who has practice first. Normally parents watch the team not practicing, but it was the first day today and no one's volunteered yet. So Mr. E asked if I'd watch for a while. I came to his room loaded down with stuff to do... continuing ed forms to fill out, Christmas bell songs to pick spots for, CDs to find mp3 versions of our Christmas songs, and then papers to correct if I ran out of things to do. It was a decently productive time. 

I didn't get much accomplished after coming back to my room. We have a PTL meeting tonight at 6pm, so I do have a deadline. I worked on putting together the Christmas playlist to be burned onto CDs later on. We have one song that needs to be recorded, and I decided to wait to burn the CDs until then so we don't just have a random song that doesn't fit in with the rest. 

My NaNo is going okay. Last night was a decently productive one, though I'm still behind on words... I'm at 4,500 roughly and I need to be at 7,000, but I haven't written at all today. That's on the after-meeting to-do list. My kiddos are doing okay; some are fantastic, others are a little slow going. It would be better if they all had devices to type on during the day. As it is, we have to take turns. About half the class can type at a time unless they bring their own tablet from home or use one of the iPads (which tend to be slow).

No comments:

Post a Comment