Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Wishbone

My kiddos were a little quieter today, thankfully.

We did our normal rounds, finished Genesis (finally!), and passed out NaNo prizes. I'm super behind on mine... I did great staying on track until this past weekend. Hopefully I can get caught up, and maybe even ahead, over this break.

I introduced the 5th graders to Wishbone today. It was one of my favorite tv shows growing up. The 6th graders are already in love with it; the 5th graders were a little harder to convince. Most got sucked in by the episode, but there were a few that kept chatting while we watched.

Program practice went well today, so did bells. The bell songs are almost too easy. Sure there are a few measures we should run through, but overall they're sounding good already. I might end up keeping the first song I wanted to switch. We could do three songs instead of our normal two! The kids want to play it because it's easy (and it sounds kind of pretty). We'll see. It will depend how long the program lasts when we run through it all together. The people in our congregation don't like the programs (or church) to go too long or they get a little feisty.

No comments:

Post a Comment