Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Packing Party

My room got put back together lickety split this morning. Everyone chipped in (although some kids made excuses, 'I have math redos to do!'). The streamers are still dangling from the ceiling in some places. One 5th grader relocated a few to his desk. I'm still deciding whether I take them off or if I let him keep them on.

After chapel we packed boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We folded our boxes together during read-aloud time so we were ready to go for our class's turn. This year, each class packed at a separate time. Mine was the last to go, so everything was pretty picked over. Mrs. L is in charge of this event and she had made packing lists for everyone to follow. The younger kids hadn't read the top of the page, and they had taken items that were meant for the older kids, hence the lack of supplies for us. Still, we had stuff to put in them.

I had my 5-8th graders pick their program parts today. Some complained, some tried to get the shortest parts possible, a few volunteered to pick up extra parts. I printed the scripts off so they'll be ready to staple into folders tomorrow. We start practice Monday and Tuesday next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment