Friday, November 9, 2018

Book Overload

So... there's no such thing as too many books, but I have too many books on my desk. My aunt went though my cousin's books and cleaned out their bookshelves, passing them on to me. I finally took them out of the box and piled them on my desk... it's a big stack! Plus I have the books from the last book order to process still (aka- type them in an excel spreadsheet so I know which books I have copies of). All week I've been saying, "I'll catalogue them today!" but so far that hasn't happened. I was hoping to work on it some today, but I didn't get very far.

It's been a snowy, blustery day. I drove my students over to church to practice bells for Sunday. I don't know if we would've survived a walk! After school today I'm helping a college friend move to a new apartment. Hopefully we won't blow away! It should be a more sheltered area though.

My kiddos made their first purchases for the zoo today. One girl bought 2 wolves, a hawk, and some fences. Another bought a hippo and fences. A few just bought fences. One bought a mystery animal (he ended up with a platypus that he named Perry the Platypus). The big spender bought two trees, four fences, two balls and three toys, plus two pools for the animals. Our zoo is slowly coming together. One kid somehow ended up with 60 tokens. 40 of them were given to him right away; I'm not sure how he got the remaining 20. I know I didn't give him that many. But since I can't prove that he took them, I'm not going to make him give them back. Plus I have been leaving the jar open on my desk during the day; anyone could've easily reached in and grabbed some. So it's kind of my fault. From now on I'm shutting the jar so it's harder to get into and at night it's going in one of my desk drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment