Thursday, November 29, 2018

Finishing!

Seven out of 13 in my classroom have met their NaNo goals! I have only about 500 words to go and I'm hoping to finish mine tonight. Some of my kiddos even raised their goals today to see if they could get just a few more words. One boy bumped his from 4,000 to 7,100 just so he can write the most words in the class this year.

All except for one of my kids has passed 2,000 words written. Yay! First goal accomplished (mostly)!

My pokey writer has written 2782 of 6000... I have no clue how she's going to get her goal. She doesn't want anyone to type for her. I had her working on it any chance she got today, but she only wrote about 900ish words total. Tomorrow is the last day of November; we can write and have it count up to midnight...

In preparation for the end of NaNo, I stopped by the library and actually browsed the shelves for the first time in a month. During November, I really limited how many books I checked out because I knew I had to devote all my time to writing, not reading. Now that the end is in sight, I guess my subconscious decided I should check out a TON of books again. My to-read from the library stack is piled high yet again. I got a bunch of graphic novels from the library because suddenly all the boys have discovered graphic novels and now they only want to read that kind of book, not chapter books. Sigh. They're burning through mine like there's no tomorrow. I did notice the Bookmobile has a bunch I could check out. These boys are picky though; they might not want to read them. Tsk. Tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment