Thursday, February 24, 2022

101 Week

As part of the 5-6th grade unit on the beginning of America/our government, I'm having my kids turn our classroom into a 'school' or 'country'. It's a project I did when I was in 5-6th grade and LOVED it. My kids are not enjoying it as much as I did. The girls are getting on each other's nerves. They need some time apart. Or outside recess. Too bad it's frigid outside again. 

The Holiday group has a grand scheme... They want to win the class that reads the most in February so they can have a shootout vs the teachers. So, if everyone in the class reads 101 pages/minutes by Monday (and pays $0.75 as a class tax), they get a surprise treat (ice cream bars purchased with the taxes). This group really didn't understand the spirit of a 'holiday', but the idea is creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment