Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Messy

My desk is getting cleaner, but my lesson plan clipboard is getting messier. This week I've been doing great at getting things done! Five things were added to the list after our staff meeting yesterday and already today all five are crossed off! Same for the other things I had slated for after school this week. Strange, but nice. 

One thing that's not on my list but should be is to type the spring musical. We have it in book form, but that's not easy for students to use. I have the first two scenes typed, which is not that much. I need a solid chunk of uninterrupted time to do it. Maybe someday. 

In other news, I rearranged the front bookshelf that holds my nonfiction books and textbooks. The textbooks I never use are put away. That leaves room for my "don't judge a book by its cover" books. My class library used to house a bunch of books where the back description sounds great and the cover is outdated. No one read them. My summer brainstorm was to spray-paint the covers so now you CAN'T judge them. Have to read the back. I color-coded by genre. So, we have four tubs of books with no covers. And two more crates of books yet to be painted in the closet. Now the question is, do I reserve the space for them? Or shuffle my other books around. Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment