Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Phases of the Moon

The 5-6th graders taught the kindergarteners the phases of the moon with oreos. It was a huge hit, not just because of the sweet treats. We're at the end of our space unit, so it was the perfect time to refresh their memories. What better way to study than to teach it to someone else? Even better the kindergartners are just starting space exploration. The main point hammered over and over is that waxing moons are lit on the right, and waning moons are on the left. 

After school, I had a dentist appointment. This is only the second dentist's office I've ever been to. Most things were the same, but it was just different enough to make me uncomfortable. They went over all my records with me and then I waited for the dentist. For 45 minutes. I thought they forgot about me. Then I wondered if they were even going to get to the teeth cleaning part of the visit... they did, eventually. So my dentist appointment took two hours. The good news is they were quite thorough with the cleaning, and I don't have any cavities or anything wrong with my teeth. Bad news: I was late to bible study.

No comments:

Post a Comment